Saturday, April 7, 2012

Changing traditions

   Coloring Easter eggs has always been a big deal in my family.  My mom, sisters and I colored eggs every year while growing up and I've done the same with my kids.  Now that my boys are older, attendance at egg coloring is different every year.  It started changing when my oldest, Brian, went off to college.  Then it was Adam, Evan and I.  Then when my middle guy, Adam went off to college 2 years later, it was Evan and I and I think that was the year  my sister Cathy started joining us because her sons lost interest and my mom usually comes over too.  Sometimes Steve is here for coloring and sometimes he's not.
   This year Mom is in Florida and Evan chose to go out with friends :(.  Traditions are not as important to 16 year old boys as they are to their mothers.  But Brian was here and we skyped with Adam and put the computer on the kitchen counter so we could show him the eggs and talk to him while we colored.  Cathy, Brian & I colored eggs while Steve watched and Adam was chatting with us.  It was a good night.
   I think skype will be my next quality of life blog.
 

2 comments:

  1. Those family traditions will stay with them. It is something they will want to share with their families when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really hoping my kids will all live nearby once they're grown. If not, I guess I'll have to get skype. I already had to get a facebook page to communicate with my son who's away at college.

    ReplyDelete