Sunday, March 25, 2012

Quality of Life Issues

Remember traveling before e-zpass?  My kids roll their eyes when we approach a toll.  They know I will go in to my mantra.  Before e-zpass we always had to travel with rolls of quarters.  If you didn't have exact change you were screwed.  Even when you did have exact change the wait was so long to get through the toll.  I especially love when you drive under the sensor and don't even have to slow down.  I think e-zpass has improved the quality of many people's lives.

2 comments:

  1. We don't have toll roads out here, except for toll bridges. For years and years my dad saved pennies because there was something in the metal that was supposed to be more valuable. Then he got tired of saving them, so he would bag them into 40 cent groups, because the toll road into Chicago was the type where you would have to pay a small toll every ten miles or so, and that's the way he drove to work. Then as he drove, he would toss his toll's worth of pennies into each basket! Then he'd have to wait while the machine gurgled through them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily we don't have tolls where I live. But our car pooling lanes (that are mostly unused during rush hour) too many single drivers, we can purchase a pass to drive on it during rush hours without getting a ticket if we drive alone!

    ReplyDelete